Recipe makes 4 servings (4 oz. each)
Portions: Adults: 4 oz. serving / children age 9-12: 3 oz. serving / children 5-8: 2 oz. serving
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper, black
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts cut into even nugget-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs*
- 1/4 cup Italian whole grain bread crumbs*
- *Seasoned bread crumbs may be substituted.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine Italian and Japanese breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- In another medium bowl, season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Mix in olive oil; stir to evenly coat.
- A few pieces at a time, roll chicken in breadcrumb mixture to coat completely and then place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken and breadcrumbs. Lightly spray top of coated chicken nuggets with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes; carefully flip over nuggets and bake another 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Adapted from a recipe by Rebecca Milanski retrieved from http://www.zisboombah.com/recipes/476-chicken-nuggets